Searching...
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
6:30 PM

Roku 3500R Streaming Stick HDMI

Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI) (2014) (Electronics) I'm a ROKU vet, I had the first one and the X2. We cut the cable and my current Logitech Revue is not supported anymore and never had a PRIME stream source, so I got this after the kid's Wii died and we needed a new streaming device. The biggest attraction to ROKU is the channels.

First, I love that I don't have another box to set up. You have to power it, but no footprint. Cool.

I actually bought two relatives Chromecast for Christmas and I wasn't overly impressed. So, I pulled the trigger on this one for about $15 more.

Initially the set up was easy, looks good but I had intermittent audio issues. something about PCM audio but if I go to back to Logitech Revue and then back to ROKU it works. Sharp Aqous 60. Connected to HDMI. New stick is updated as far as I can tell, that was part of the default. Testing to see if the issue is centered around Netflix.

Oh set up was easy and it works fine. Just this weird audio issue. Connected to the net, I have watched PRIME, Netflix, and now sail TV. You can change the pic to 1080. Do that.

Same TV and audio output, going back to Netflix and the sound dropped out again. Switch to Google TV via Logitech revue and sound is fine. So #Rotisserie# was amazing on NF LGR, no sound on ROKU stick.

I guess I will switch the HDMI input. I went into settings and went back to #stereo# from #surround#. I get an error message. #an incompatible audio signal has been received.# and then something about PCM.

I switched HDMI ports and so far so good. This bugginess might be TV related.


Click Here For More Information About Roku 3500R Streaming Stick HDMI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!