Searching...
Friday, November 19, 2010

Displayport To HDmi Cable Adapter & Converter


I got this cable for my Alienware M15x laptop. I was surprised it'd didn't come with an HDMI and was not familiar with displayport. I got this cable so I could watch my movie files while on vacation. The adapter works great and is very well made. The part that plugs into the data port has a positive locking system which is nice. The quality is also very good and it feels substantial and well put together.

Additional info. For me (as mentioned in the comments below), in order to send the audio through the HDMI cable, you will need to get into the "sound and Audio devices" of the control panel and change the sound playback Default Device to the displayport cable. If you don't the sound will come out the laptop speakers or whatever speakers you have hooked up to the laptop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!