Searching...
Saturday, November 2, 2013
11:40 AM

Yamaha HTR 4065 Refurbished 5 1 Channel Receiver

Yamaha HTR-4065BL 5.1-Channel 575-Watt Audio/Video Receiver with Apple AirPlay (Black) (Old Version) (Electronics) I have upgraded my TV and was looking for an A/V receiver to provide upgraded sound. My wife is not tech at all so I needed a solution with minimal button pushing for her and yet provided me with enough options to satisfy my wants. The Yamaha HTR-4065 provided a very good solution. It provides for a wide range of audio and video inputs including HDMI. CEC provides a way to control the TV on/off and the 4065 with minimal button clicking.

My simple system has a DVD player, Samsung Smart TV, the 4065, a FIOS CISCO CHS 335HDC set-top box, and two speakers. For a short period of time I temporarily connected a center speaker as an experiment. I use the DVD player to play video DVDs and audio CDs. Besides using the 4065 for audio and switching between video sources (DVD and Set-Top Box) I use the Internet Radio functions and the FM Tuner.

Because the 4065 supports audio through HDMI I was able to minimize the number of input cables. I use the Optical Audio between the Set-Top Box and the 4065. Because the Smart TV can be an audio source when using its internet interface I use RCA audio cables connected from the TV to the Audio section of the 4065. I use the HDMI output to connect video and audio from the 4065 to the TV.

Setup takes some planning to minimize the number of input cables and make the remote control operation simpler and logical. Reading the manual is a must. The manual is one the better ones in terms of layout and information. Its diagrams are superb as well has having embedded links in the PDF which makes it easy to move between related topics in the manual.

I have two relatively moderate issues with the 4065. The remote control does not seem to support the FIOS Cisco Set-top box and I do not like that I cannot set the Audio source in the HDMI setup to off. In other words when switching to an HDMI input the 4065 initially gets its audio from the HDMI cable but then seems to switch to whatever source was selected in the HDMI Audio selection. But HDMI as the source isn't always there. This issue may be because I don't understand how this should work. For this operation the manual does not provide enough information.

To use the Internet Radio bookmarks you MUST go to http://yradio.vtuner.com. The 4065 manual does not tell you this. I found out by doing a google search. Pandora does not seem to be an option. And there is a downside to this implementation. The downside is that if this website goes out of business the Bookmarks may not be available. Yamaha warns that it does not guarantee the 4065 will always support internet radio!!!! Huh?

Overall this was exactly the solution I was looking for. I have not considered Yamaha products in the past but will definitely do so in the future.


Click Here For More Information About Yamaha HTR 4065 Refurbished 5 1 Channel Receiver

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!