Searching...
Saturday, September 21, 2013
11:26 PM

Datacolor Spyder4Elite S4EL100 Colorimeter Calibration

Datacolor Spyder4Elite S4EL100 Colorimeter for Display Calibration (Electronics) I purchased the Spyder4Elite with the main purpose of calibrating a triple monitor setup (1x BenQ XL2420TX and 2x BenQ XL2420T) via NVIDIA Surround on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. The calibration process went fairly smoothly - with just a couple hiccups with buggy software (this software, although it works, is pretty much a piece of crap - you can tell color calibration is their game, not software - it crashes fairly frequently) and a calibration unit that you pretty much have to hold up the entire time. The difference is night and day. And I feel it is worth the cost, especially because I can calibrate my other computers (2013 11" Apple MacBook Air for one - not as dramatic of a difference after calibration, but still improved).

The software only asked me to adjust the brightness on my monitor - once that was done, I adjusted the two flanking monitors to the same number and the software did the rest (using Windows color profiles to set the color).

None of the hiccups were big enough to warrant the knocking off of a star. It is a bit expensive, but I feel the capability to use this on multiple setups makes it OK. In fact, I'm traveling with it this weekend to calibrate a friends monitor. I suppose if you were an enterprising individual, you could charge some bucks for the service and pay back the cost of the unit. Heh.


Click Here For More Information About Datacolor Spyder4Elite S4EL100 Colorimeter Calibration

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!