Searching...
Monday, September 16, 2013
8:41 PM

Timex T105WX Color Changing Alarm

Timex T105WX Color Changing Alarm Clock (Electronics) While I didn't buy this alarm chock on Amazon but at Target, I think I should still give a review for it.

When I first got it I was lightly disappointed that the apparent orange shade of light had become another shade of blue, so out of the seven I was supposed to have, three of them were different shades of blue but I thought that as long as I had my seven different shades of color, it accurately told time and that the alarm worked fine all was great.

After that I had a wonderful 1 year with this alarm clock. I loved the smooth shape of the clock, how with the simple switch of a button I could adjust between adding or subtracting a hour for daylight savings, on how easy it was to put it in snooze and how easy it was to turn the alarm off, how even though I was missing that shade of orange the lights that came out of it, how I could change the brightness of the clock, and I can probably continue on more things I loved about my alarm clock. The main point was that I thought it was the greatest alarm clock I had used and was prepared to have it for the years to come.

However that was not to be. After a little over an year something funny began to happen. Once in a while the LCD screen would mess up and tell some ridiculous time like how it would be 1:111pm when it was 1:10pm but it would then fix it self but the alarm settings never got affected and I did mainly only use it as an alarm clock so I didn't really have much to complain about. I did reset it a few times but it didn't help much. I also refused to believe that an alarm clock that I loved so much would break down after only an year and so blamed it on some mysterious wave going around in my dorm messing up the electronics.

Eventually though the LCD began showing some really ridiculous things like h.-1am or 71:-11am when it was clearly some time in the afternoon. The alarm would say it would ring at 0:111. I could no longer freely set the alarm and time without the fear of it never being accurate again. However the alarm still worked and I only really needed it to ring at 9am for it to do it's job so I still used it, with the feeling probably most similar to seeing a loved one slowly dying of a sickness. Eventually the screen just gave out and the alarm even stopped working. The only thing that still worked was the precious seven shades of color that was missing that orange shade.

I had only used this alarm clock for about 1.5 years, not even for two. It had a good design and comfortable functions but it broke down way to quickly. I have this orange bell alarm clock that I really dislike but it works perfectly (no matter how obnoxiously loud it is) even after 10 years. Timex is supposed to be a good company so I'm quite shocked that an alarm clock would break down after such a short amount of time. Apparently I'm even considered one of the luckier ones. The clock overall needs to be made with better electronic materials so unless Timex fixes this issue I wouldn't advise buying this alarm clock.


Click Here For More Information About Timex T105WX Color Changing Alarm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!