Searching...
Sunday, December 22, 2013
2:13 AM

Latest Version Hi Res Digital Motion

Latest Version - NIX X08D 8 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor (Electronics) I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 86 year old mother but first I set it up for her. I think it will be plenty easy enough for her to do the basics: just put in an SD card and turn it on. All photos display in sequence, every time motion activates it over and over, Tested. Worked. The photos look great (so much better than printed ones) and you can easily adjust how long they display and how they transition. I didn't notice any problems with the angle of viewing. I cropped all photos to 4:3 ratio, which seems to prevent stretching or cropping if you also set Play Mode to Full (if I remember correctly). I set the date/time (needed the instructions at one point, but they were good). I did not do anything with music or video.

I put 640 photos in about eight folders on a 2GB SanDisk SD card. The JPGs were named with an initial number, in sequence, regardless of folder. What I mean is, if you put 1-whatsit.jpg in the first folder (where you want it to start playing, ie /1-MyFolder/) and put 1-this.jpg in the second folder (/2-folder/), then the frame will alternate between folders, displaying both #1s then both #2s and so on, instead of going in sequence through one folder and then through the other. If you want a particular sequence, the first photo in the first folder should be 1-whatsit.jpg. The first photo in the second folder (2-folder) should be 15-this.jpg--if you had 14 photos in the first folder. Faststone is free photo software that allows you to easily add a numerical prefix to all the photo names in a folder at once.

I did not encounter a problem with a limit on the number of pictures as some have said, perhaps because of the folders. Yet, you have to name the photos as if there were no folders. All this assumes you want the photos displayed in sequence (as I did) and not randomly, which I didn't try. I have given the product four stars because it took me a lot of experimenting to get it to do what I wanted and what it said it would do. Needs better documentation, but I like the product...might get one for myself.


Click Here For More Information About Latest Version Hi Res Digital Motion

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!