Searching...
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
3:58 AM

Hyperbole Half Unfortunate Situations Mechanisms

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened (Kindle Edition) I just got this book this morning via kindle. I thought I'd take a quick peek via the website at what I bought (holding off on immediately opening things I bought, recieved or otherwise obtained is NOT one of my strong points. I would make a very shitty postman). Of course, a few hours later, here I am at work, having done nothing of the list of things that have been overdue since last week, and still very happy I spent my morning this way.

There's a fair few bits of the blog coming back (although it's mostly the ones I was happy to re-read due to either being so brainnumbingly good I just delighted in them, or one of the few bits I haven't re-read a million times already), but a substantial part of the book is entirely new stuff.

And the new stuff is GOOOOOD. If you, like any reasonable person (and quite a few certifiable people) loved her insights on depression and the problems arising when little boys and/or girls get mistaken for grown-ups just because they've been around on this earth for a few decades, you'll love her new stuff. Her ruthless disection of the many ways in which her ideal of herself is not anywhere near the person she is, is something we can all relate to.

And if you don't struggle for breath from laughter at the dog Q&A, I don't know what to tell you, except that you might be even more horrible of a person than Allie is.

So, to finish off: one question for the author. From my stupid cat.
Q: Srsly, why never bees?


Click Here For More Information About Hyperbole Half Unfortunate Situations Mechanisms

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!