Searching...
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
3:42 PM

Panasonic HX WA03 Waterproof Digital Camcorder

Panasonic HX-WA03 Dual Waterproof 16MP Digital Camcorder (grey) (Camera) I bought this camera about 2 months ago. Unfortunatly, I still own a Sony Handycam HD which I still use and love. The Panasonic is about half the size and 1/3 the weight -- real plus values. The sensor on the Panasonic is VERY noisy in low light compared to the much older Sony. If the light is abundant, the Panasonic's images and video are quite good, but in low light the noise is intolerable -- I find I must switch back to the Sony in those circumstances. The Panasonic's images can yield 16M size but are not as good as the Sony's 10m images.My son has a cheap (apx $150) GE camera that yields bigger, cleaner (less noise) images than either. Go figure. I tried a slave flash (that's another story) and that may be the answer if you remember to allow for the pre-flash sync. I keep in mind that the Panasonic cost 1/5 what my Sony cost me new, that is is light and small, and (haven't tested it) water resistant. I know I'll use it a lot, with its serious noise problems remembered. The run time on a battery is about 45 min. You may want to get extra batteries. You'll get about 8 Hrs on a 64GB card.

In short: I like the camera. I just wish it was better.


Click Here For More Information About Panasonic HX WA03 Waterproof Digital Camcorder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!