Searching...
Sunday, November 24, 2013
7:45 PM

Nikon COOLPIX Digital Camera Optical

Nikon COOLPIX S6400 16 MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Zoom and 3-inch LCD (Black) (Electronics) The Nikon Coolpix S6400 is very small, measuring 3.8 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches and weighs about 5 ounces. The 12X lens extends from a 35 mm equivalent focal length of 25 mm to 300 mm. The 1/2.3 inch image sensors is typical of digital cameras of this class. Because the sensor's low light performance is proportional to its size (generally, the large the sensor, the better its low light sensitivity), this class of camera performs best where there is ample light.

On the other hand, also because of the small sensor size, it becomes possible to design a zoom lens with greater zoom range without prohibitive physical size or cost. It is amazing that Nikon can squeeze a 12X lens into a case that is just 1.1 inches thick.

The Coolpix S6400 features a touch-sensitive screen that does away with many traditional buttons; only the shutter, movie, play mode, and camera mode buttons are actual physical buttons. A 3-inch screen can be fitted here mainly because of the minimization of real buttons. This also leaves very little space to place your thumb when holding the camera; luckily the camera is very light so it doesn't strain my fingers when taking pictures. I always tie a hand strap between the camera and its case (not included), so that I can hold the case with my left hand while I take picture with my right hand. This is a safety arrangement to make sure that I am less likely to drop my camera to the ground when someone inadvertently bumps into me.

There is another model (S6500) that is identical to the S6400 except that it has an additional Wi-Fi file transfer capability. I bought the S6400 because I don't need this feature and the S6400 has a better bang-for-the-buck.


Click Here For More Information About Nikon COOLPIX Digital Camera Optical

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!